#1. REASONS WHY CHRISTIANS SHOULD KEEP THE SABBATH DAY
This bible study uses a Greek Unicode font, and the Hebrew Unicode font "David" which comes with later versions of Windows.
- #1. Reasons Why Christians Should Keep the Sabbath Day Index
- Introduction 1
- #1.1 BECAUSE GOD ORDAINED THE SABBATH DAY
- #1.11 God gave us an example from the beginning
- #1.12 God wrote the Sabbath day commandment himself on a tablet of stone
- #1.13 God gave the Sabbath day commandment to his chosen people
- #1.2 BECAUSE JESUS CONFIRMED THE SABBATH DAY COMMANDMENT
- #1.21 Jesus himself made the Sabbath day for man
- #1.22 Jesus himself kept the Sabbath day
- #1.23 Jesus taught us to keep the commandments
- #1.24 Jesus came to fulfill the law
- #1.25 Jesus taught us to fulfill the law by love
- #1.3 BECAUSE PAUL KEPT THE SABBATH DAY
- #1.31 Paul habitually taught in the synagogues on the Sabbath day
- #1.32 Paul went to places of prayer on the Sabbath day
- #1.33 Paul offended nothing against the law of the Jews
- #1.34 Paul taught us to fulfill the righteousness of the law
- #1.35 Paul taught us that faith establishes the law
- #1.4 BECAUSE THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH KEPT THE SABBATH DAY
- #1.41 Saul found Christians in the synagogues
- #1.42 The early Jewish Christians were "zealous of the law"
- #1.43 Ananias was "a devout man according to the law"
- #1.44 James wrote to Jewish Christians who met in the synagogue on the Sabbath day
- #1.45 James Taught Jewish Christians to Keep the Whole Law
- #1.5 BECAUSE THE SABBATH DAY COMMANDMENT IS PART OF THE NEW COVENANT
- #1.6 BECAUSE THE SABBATH DAY WILL BE KEPT IN THE LAST DAYS
- #1.61 The Sabbath Day will be kept by the Jews in the Last Days
#1.62 The Sabbath Day will be kept during the Millennium
- #1.7 BECAUSE THE SABBATH DAY WILL BE KEPT IN THE MILLENNIUM
- #1.71 At the end of the Days - Out of Zion shall go forth the Law
#1.72 From one Sabbath to another (Isaiah 66:23)
- #1.8 BECAUSE THERE IS A PENALTY FOR BREAKING THE SABBATH DAY COMMANDMENT
- #1.81 Spiritual Death
- #1.82 Workers of Lawlessness will be Lost
- #1.83 Jesus' words to all who break God's Commandments
- #2. THE TIME OF THE DEATH, BURIAL AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS
- #3. THE SPIRITUAL FULFILMENT OF THE SABBATH DAY
- #4. SCRIPTURAL ANSWERS TO COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SABBATH
- #5. NON SCRIPTURAL ANSWERS TO COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SABBATH
- #6. SABBATH BIBLE STUDY SUMMARY
When we ask the question, "Why should a Christian keep the Sabbath day?" we may get a variety of answers. Some say Sunday is a memorial of Jesus' resurrection and so they keep Sunday. Some say Jesus nailed the Sabbath to the cross, and some say that the apostles changed the day to Sunday. Some say that we are not under the law, but under grace, and some say that we can worship God any day of the week, and so it doesn't matter. All of these are false reasons for not keeping the Sabbath day, and very few have ever tried to seriously study it out. In the early 1990's while attending a Sunday keeping church, I was invited by my Pastor to attend a bible study with some Seventh Day Adventists. He asked me to prepare scriptures to defend Sunday keeping, so I did, and I had many. A man gave a short teaching on why we should keep the Sabbath, and then it was open to discussion. We were all keen bring out our scriptures and make our beliefs known, but nobody accepted the other's point of view. The meeting was very friendly, and when it ended everybody went home thinking that we had done our duty. But one question arose in that meeting that persisted in my mind throughout the next week, and it was this: "You people keep nine of the ten commandments, why don't you keep the tenth?" This question was so persistent that I decided to go to the library in the town and study it out. I looked at many encyclopedias for the references to Sunday and Sabbath day. One reason for keeping Sunday was very dominant, and that was that it was a memorial of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. So I went home and began to study the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. When I discovered that Jesus could not possibly have risen on Sunday, serious doubts about Sunday keeping came in and I kept on studying. What you have on this site is the result of about fifteen years studying the subject of the Sabbath day. I encourage every reader to consider this study very carefully. There are very many proofs here that the Sabbath day was never scrapped by God, and the current Sunday worship tradition is nothing more that a compromise with paganism by the early church. Dear Christian, If you love God, study this out very carefully, and I wish every blessing on those who do. May God give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him, and the eyes of your understanding be enlightened.
Roy Page, Logos Apostolic Bible College UK.
If you have benefited from reading this study, then please tell your friends about this website.
If you have a web-site of your own, consider linking to Logos Apostolic web-site.
To link to this page use: http://www.logosapostolic.org/bible_study/RP208-1WhyKeepSabbathDay.htm
Send this link to all your Christian friends who do not believe in keeping the Sabbath day.