Go to Introduction
THE SIN OF NOT KEEPING THE SABBATH DAY
Search this website || Bible Studies Index
Greek Word Study on 4521 σάββατον sabbaton Sabbath.
Hebrew Word Study on 7676 שַׁבָּת shabbat Sabbath.
This bible study gives solid scriptural proof that it is a sin not to keep the Sabbath day. It uses a Greek Unicode font and a Hebrew Unicode font.
- Full Sabbath Index
- #1. REASONS WHY CHRISTIANS SHOULD KEEP THE SABBATH DAY Index
- #1.1 Because God Sanctified the Sabbath day Index
- #1.2 Because Jesus Confirmed the Sabbath Day Commandment
- #1.21 Jesus created Sabbath day for man
- #1.22 Jesus kept the Sabbath day himself
#1.23 Jesus taught us to keep the commandments
- #1.24 Jesus came to fulfil the law
#1.25 Jesus taught us to fulfil the law by love
- #1.3 Because Paul Kept the Sabbath Day
- #1.4 Because the New Testament Church kept the Sabbath Day
- #1.5 Because the Sabbath Day Commandment is Part of the New Covenant
- #1.6 Because the Sabbath Day will be Kept in the Last Days and During the Millennium
- #1.7 Because the Sabbath Day will be kept during the Millennium
- #1.8 Because there is a Penalty for Breaking the Sabbath Day Commandment
- #2. THE TIME OF THE DEATH, BURIAL AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS Index
- Introduction 2
- #2.1 The Feasts of Yahweh are Special Sabbaths
- #2.2 Jesus was Literally Three Days and Three Nights in the Grave
- #2.27 Diagram the timing of the Death, Burial, and Resurrection of Jesus
- #2.3 Jesus' First Appearances to his Disciples After he was Raised
- #3. THE SPIRITUAL FULFILMENT OF THE SABBATH DAY Index
- #3.0 The Hierarchy of the Law of Moses
- #3.1 What Not to do on the Old Testament Weekly Sabbath Day
- #3.2 What to do on the Old Testament Weekly Sabbath Day
- #3.3 The New Testament Works for the Sabbath Day
- #4. SCRIPTURAL ANSWERS TO COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS Index
- #4.02 Doesn't the Sabbath Apply Only to the Jews?
- #4.03 The Sabbath was made for the Man Mark 2:27
- #4.04 No Man is Justified by the Works of the Law
- #4.06 Jesus has Fulfilled the Law for us
- #4.07 Paul Preached at Troas on the First Day of the Week
- #4.08 Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath Day
- #4.10 The Law was Only Until John the Baptist
- #4.12 We are not Under the Law but Under Grace
- #4.14 Was the Sabbath One of the Necessary things for the Gentiles?
- #4.16 What is the Difference Between the Sabbath and Circumcision, that the Gentiles should Keep the one but Not the Other?
- #4.18 God Never Said, "The Seventh Day of the Week"
- #4.20 Does Romans 14:5 Cancel the Sabbath Day?
- #4.22 You Observe Days, and Months, and Times, and Years (Galatians 4:10)
- #4.23 Did Jesus abolish the law of Commandments on the Cross - Ephesians 2:15?
- #4.24 Let no man Judge you in Meat or Drink Colossians 2:16
- #4.25 Feasts, New Moons, and Sabbaths Colossians 2:16
- #4.26 What is "the Lord's Day" (Revelation 1:10)? The Sabbath or Sunday?
- #4.28 We Can Worship God any Day of the Week
- #4.30 Emmaus Road, "today is the third day since these things happened." (Luke 24:21)
- #4.32 When did God sanctify the Sabbath day?
- #4.34 What is "the Sixth Hour" (John 19:14)?
- #5. NON SCRIPTURAL ANSWERS TO COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
- #5.1 Who Substituted Sunday for the Sabbath Day?
- #6. SABBATH BIBLE STUDY SUMMARY
The devil has two modes of attack against the church of God: as a serpent, he is a deceiver, and as a dragon, he is a persecutor. His first method of attack is almost invariably deception, because if he can deceive a man into teaching lies, he can get him condemned:
(Jeremiah 48:10) "Cursed is he who does the work of the LORD deceitfully,"
(James 3:1) "My brothers, do not be many teachers, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation."
(Revelation 21:8) "and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
Not only this, but the devil can also condemn all those who follow false teaching:
(Isaiah 9:16) "For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and those who are led by them are destroyed."
(Matthew 15:14) "And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."
Concerning the observance of the Sabbath day, the devil has been very subtle, and deceived many into believing a very serious error, that the Sabbath day no longer needs to be kept in the New Testament, but Sunday is now the day of worship and rest for the Church. Jesus taught, "If you will enter into life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:17), and we know that he was referring to the Ten Commandments because he quoted some of them (Matthew 19:18-19). If Jesus made a condition of entering into eternal life, that we keep the Ten Commandments, then how can we enter into it without keeping them? A true believer will obey Jesus. These words, along with others that Jesus taught (Matthew 5:17-19; 23:1-3), are our basis for observing the Sabbath day in the New Testament. He said:
(Matthew 24:35) "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."
(Matthew 19:17) "if you will enter into life, keep the commandments."
(Luke 6:46) "And why do you call me, Lord, Lord, and do not do the things which I say?"
(John 14:15) "If you love me, keep my commandments."
(John 12:48) "He who rejects me, and does not receive my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."
Therefore, the purpose of this study is to show from the scripture that the fourth commandment, concerning the Sabbath day, was
never scrapped by God as a day for his people to gather together for study and worship. Neither God, nor the apostles of Jesus, ever instituted Sunday as a
substitute for the Sabbath day, and the idea that Sunday is a memorial of the resurrection of Jesus Christ is false, because he did not rise on Sunday.
In view of these facts, we invite anyone who reads this study, who would like to contribute any constructive comments, either to enhance, or to correct, or to contribute in any way that will help others, and bring this study closer to the complete truth, to contact Logos Apostolic Bible College. As seems appropriate, we will use any information offered freely to refine this study for the glory of God.
If you have benefited from reading this study, then please tell your friends about this website.
If you have a website of your own, consider linking to Logos Apostolic website.
To link to this page use: http://www.logosapostolic.org/bible_study/RP208-SabbathDayCommandment.htm
Please copy and paste this link into Facebook and Twitter to all your Christian friends who do not believe in keeping the Sabbath day.